1. Hidden Beach – Marietas Islands, Mexico. This heavenly spot is about a 45-minute boat ride from Punta Mita, Nayarit–a city on the Pacific coast of Mexico. When you arrive, you’ll have to swim through a 40-foot tunnel, but don’t worry–you’ll have five or six feet above you so you won’t feel claustrophobic. Bring your bling in a waterproof container and secure it to your person. When you see this beach, you’ll be in awe. But look around. When you propose, you might have an audience of sunbathing turtles, dolphins. Maybe even a whale.
2. The Mountains & The Ocean – The Pitons, St. Lucia. Majestic and breath-stealing, these epic mountains descend to the shore, so you get the best of both worlds. Swoon-worthy, indeed. Truth is, it’s one of the 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico–the perfect backdrop for one of the most important moments of your life.
3. Mariachi Serenade in Tulum – Riviera Maya, Mexico. Think of this as a live soundtrack to your proposal. You can find these strolling minstrels many places throughout the Yucatan Peninsula, specifically Tulum and Playa del Carmen. All you have to do is ask them to stop strumming while you pop the question. Once you’re reveling in the answer (we know it will be a “yes”), then these festive fellows can resume the music once the corks are popping and the tears are flowing.
4. Starfish Point – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands. Here, you’ll be surrounded by gorgeous white sand, turquoise water and of course, the magical starfish. You might even want to make it a picnic–bring some wine and nibbles. With all this natural eye candy, it’s not surprising it’s one of our 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico.
5. Botanical Garden – Aprovaca Orchid Nursery, Panama. APROVACA is the Spanish acronym for The Association of Orchid Producers in El Valle and Cabuya. They’re all about the conservation of Panamanian orchid species in danger of extinction. For just $13, you and your main squeeze can stroll amidst hundreds of gorgeous blooms, along with mango and banana trees. Pick a spot, then summon your courage.
6. The Divi Trees – Eagle Beach, Aruba. Talk about a photo opp that transcends time, you’ll find it here. Two dramatic, wind-blown trees await you and your intended, where you can walk on the sand, ponder the water, the meaning of life, who you want to spend it with (hint, hint) and ask your question. Then maybe you can start talking about beginning your own family tree.
7. Saona Island – Dominican Republic. This dreamy refuge is about a two-hour boat ride away from Punta Cana. It’s truly the idyllic place to propose: white sand lined with fringy palms that is hugged by turquoise water. Take a deep breath and go for it. With all this tropical beauty, we had to include it in one of our 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico.
8. Playa del Amor aka Lover’s Beach – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. One of the only swimmable beaches in these parts, this spot has engagement written all over it. There are large rocks, around which you can steal away and propose, then stay to see the beautiful sunset over the Pacific. In a word: love.
9. Cenotes in Mexico – “Cenote,” Mayan for “cave with water,” is a swimming hole formed by the collapse of limestone over millions of years. While there are more than 6,000 in Mexico, we’ve selected three that are spectacular venues for asking that very important question: Dos Ojos near Tulum, which is great for snorkeling and diving. Azul, which is near Playa del Carmen, and has crystal clear water for swimming. Last but not least, Zaci, an off-the-beaten path gem in Valladoid, a town near Cancun and Playa del Carmen. No matter which cenote you choose, the beauty and natural wonder make them one of the most unique, which is why it’s one of the 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico.
10. Romantic Cafe on European-esque Streets – Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. You’ll feel like you’re on the streets of Spain. While it’s full of life and energy, you can find many intimate cafes for noshing and cocktails. La Factoria is a cozy spot: it has worn walls, strings of lights and salsa music. Order some champagne and relax. And let the romance of the night unfold.
11. Arenal Volcano – Costa Rica. Until 2010, Arenal was Costa Rica’s most active volcano. Surrounded by a rain forest, this massive mountain-with-a-hole-in-it offers so many adventurous things to do with your partner: you can hike, bungee jump, zip line, ride horses, and gaze at waterfalls. Even visit a butterfly conservatory. This tropical locale has so many sites you might have trouble choosing. But no matter what you decide, it’s definitely one of the 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico.
12. Ancient Ruins – Belize. How about an epic monument from antiquity as the setting for your tete a tete? You can walk around the base or climb up to the top, depending on the structure. Xunantich, which means “maiden of the rock,” is across the river from the village of San Jose Succotz and you’ll get a killer view of the river valley. Lubaantum, or “Place of the Fallen Stones,” is in southern Belize and one mile past the village of San Pedro Colombia. The buildings are cool: they are stone blocks with no mortar binding them together. Finally, Caracol, the largest known Mayan ruin, is within the Chiquibil Forest Reserve and while it’s a bit of a challenge to reach, the drive is wildly scenic. At any point, you could pull over and pop the question.
Now that you know about our 12 best places to propose in the Caribbean and Mexico, we’ve got a proposal of our own: why not dial 1-800-915-3162 and let one of our Beachologists custom design a sunsational vacation package for you and your significant other? It’s oh-so easy. However, if you want to take a look at all the other aahmazing vacation packages that can take you to in the Caribbean and Mexico, visit our site. Now that you’ve got the person of your dreams, let us take you to the beach so you can make your dreams come true.