Besides the fact that Aruba is one of the Caribbean islands that rarely gets hit by a hurricane (which makes it a good bet year ’round), there are 7 incredible things you must do in Aruba that make it extra spectacular and vacay-worthy. Here’s a few of our favs on this blessed island that we simply fell in love with.
1. The Divi Tree. This roughhewn, wind-blown tree is probably the most famous tree in Aruba. It’s been the backdrop for lots of vacay photos over the years and is considered by many to be a work of art. Nicely done, Mother Nature.
2. Gawk Over the Pink Flamingos. This photo is not retouched: these graceful, sleek babies are really this pink. Just head over to the Aruba Renaissance resort and you’ll see these lovely creatures just hangin’ out, doing their thing. Have a hankering yet for an Aruba vacation? Thought so. Of the 7 incredible things you must do in Aruba, you’ll definitely swoon when you see these magical pink birds.
3. Chow Down at Zeerovers. Will ya look at this deliciousness? Yep, that’s fried shrimp and Mahi Mahi that is truly one of the best things we’ve ever eaten. Of our 7 incredible things you must do in Aruba, Zeerovers is where you’ll want to chow down.
4. Get Something Sweet at Edwardo’s Beach Shack. Mmmmmm, an acai bowl and smoothies. After having your fried food fest at Zeerover’s, enjoying some healthy fare at Edwardo’s Beach Shack is just what you need. Put this sweet spot on your list of things to do in Aruba.
5. Dine Over the Water at Pinchos Grill & Bar. This is one magical photo, no? It’s kind of a bucket list thing, really. And the term “grill” is kind of misleading. They offer cuisine like Pickled Cucumber and White Grape Salad, Seared Ahi Tuna and Black Angus Filet Mignon with a Truffle Butter Sauce. Stop by for some grub – it’s one of the best things do to in Aruba.
6. Hang at Arikok National Park. Located in the north-eastern part of Aruba, this expansive natural wonderland spans 34 square kilometers, or 7,907 acres and is where you’ll find all kinds of flora and fauna. The landscape is hilly, which is the result of volcanic lava. It’s also home to Aruba’s most important natural attraction, The Natural Pool, and you can only get there by foot, horse, ATV or 4×4 vehicle. Put on your sunscreen and explore. Of all the 7 incredible things you must do in Aruba, you will not want to miss this one.
7. Relax at Manchebo Beach. Though Aruba has a staggering number of amazing beaches, many locals (and tourists) claim that this is the most beautiful beach on the island. It’s a hidden gem with snow-white sand and crystal clear, shimmering water. Stay all day and catch sunsets that will knock your flip flops off.
Started packing yet? These 7 incredible things you must in Aruba are just the tip of the beachberg. If you want to book an all-inclusive vacation package to Aruba (which is the only way to go), then call our Beachologists at 1-800-915-3162 and they can set you up in no time. If you want to do a little more research on your own, go here. Remember, a little beach therapy goes a long way. It’s time you spoiled yourself.