Few things remind us more of Jamaica than jerk chicken. Today’s recipe is all about Jamaica, mon!
Grilled Jerk Chicken
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 5 fresh habanero chiles (stemmed and seeded)
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin and bones)
- 2 ½ lbs chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Blend all marinade ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken and turn chicken to thoroughly cover with marinade.
- Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 1 day.
- Before grilling, let chicken sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken as desired.
- Eat up!